Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Up and Coming - Summer Hits?

The question here is....potential?
Something Borrowed



I mentioned before, all the way back in December, a few films I was looking forward to in 2011.  Something Borrowed was one of them. I'm not going to mention the plot summaries for these films only because you can pretty much figure them out from the trailers. Above is the trailer for this book turned film, that I've been anticipating all year.  I read the book, for the record, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The characters were completely relatable, especially regarding female friendships.  I really hope I can say the same about the movie.  Its actors include Kate Hudson, Gennifer Goodwin,  and John Krasinski.  It comes out May 6, 2011.

Crazy, Stupid Love


The next trailer that caught my eye is that of Crazy, Stupid Love.  This group of characters are confident, lost, vulnerable and seductive.  They give the audience a very enticing dynamic.  It also helps when the actors are all extremely talented.  This film includes Ryan Gosling, Steve Carrel, Emma Stone, and Julianne Moore.  If that doesn't get you excited, then I have no idea what will.  It comes out July 29, 2011.  It looks promising.
Thor


Another film I am looking forward to is Thor.  I'm not sure I know exactly why I'm excited for this film, except that I enjoy the idea of gods on earth and of bringing something beyond reality to the screen.  This film contains Chris Hemsworth as the male lead, Natalie Portman as the love interest (most likely) and Anthony Hopkins as some other worldly god.  It comes out May 6, 2011.  

The Hangover 2


For me, this film is up in the air.  It's either going to be a hit or miss.  The first film was so good, I just don't see how they'll top it.  But, I am more than willing to watch them try.  This delightful cast includes Zack Galifinakis, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha.  It comes out May 26, 2011.  

Other summer films include the comic book continuations, spin offs and first attempts: 
-Captain America coming out July 22, 2011, starring Chris Evans
-X-men First Class comes out June 3, 2011.   
-The Green Lantern starring Ryan Reynolds comes out on June 17, 2011 (A lot of comics).  

This is also the summer of continuations and franchises:  
-Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides coming out May 20, 2011 
-Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon coming out July 1, 2011 
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 coming out July 15, 2011.

If there are any films you're excited for, let me know!  Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment