Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fast Five (one of many)


So cheesy, it was hilarious!  I personally like to take what is rediculous and silly in a film, and simply enjoy it for all its worth... even though it may not be worth much...

Fast Five is the fifth installment in the Fast and the Furious franchise.  As a continuation, Brian O'Conner, an ex-detective (played by Paul Walker) and his girlfirend Mia Toretto (played by Jordana Brewster), help Dominic (played by Vin Diesel) escape from his jail sentence.  All three of them end up on the run from the police as they try to figure out a way to be free.  Through all the commotion, a cast of fun-loving characters come together to help them gain their freedom.  Some other actors in this film are Ludacris, Dwayne (the rock) Johnson and Tyrese Gibson.
*They appeared in previous Fast and the Furious movies. 

"You know I like my dessert before my dinner"
"Give me the veggie's"
These lines might not sound like much, but if you watch the film, you'll understand the stupidity and hilarity in them.  It was lines like these that kept me laughing, even though they were so ridiculous they should have just left me annoyed.  Thanks to Dwayne Johnson's character, Fast Five actually kept me entertained.  It was pedictable down to the very line, not to mention, the entire film played like a cliche.  They relied heavily on their one liners.

Thinking back on it now, it felt like the movie was really 3 movies in one.  They tried to use every action dynamic possible.  They robbed a bank volt.  They broke in to a police station.  They were on the run for a large part of the film.  There was a street race.  They had one big cop after them.  They had a mobster after them.  It was so rediculous and jam-packed, the focal point started to become flustered.  But I will give the film this: there was funny conversation at times, and the team of characters had good chemistry between them.  I was happy about that.  The comedic banter was pretty good. But, at risk of sounding like a broken record, it was Dwayne Johnson who kept me from walking out of the theatre, whether he was intentionally funny or not.  And for that accomplishment, I give him a thumbs up!
It helps to have Vin Diesel to look at too... just saying.

See this film if your in the mood for a light, silly movie that is comforting in its predictability.
I give this film 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment