Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!!!

I decided to give you guys a list of a few films that will definitely put you in the mood to ring in the New Year.  First and foremost, When Harry Met Sally, the classic rom-com with two characters of the opposite sex who struggle in their friendship and eventually have to face the truth of their feelings.  If not for the hilarious Billy Crystal and the adorable Meg Ryan, then for the famous scene in the coffee shop, that gives this film number 1 on my list. 

What makes number 2 on the list?  Bridget Jones's Diary.  This British rom-com (seeing a pattern here?) fills the holidays with unattainable new year resolutions, embarrassing moments, a couple of potential relationships, and dysfunctional family events.  Sound familiar to any of you? If anything else, it's Hugh Grant and Colin Firth that make this film a deliciously funny romance.

For number 3, You've Got Mail.  This is for my own personal preference because it has my favourite couple in the movies, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.  A remake of the film Shop Around the Corner, where an independent book store gets put out of business by a large chain just across the street.  All the while, the two owners of the stores communicate anonymously through email and fall in love.  This is a film I can watch over and over.  I guess it would be my guilty pleasure.  I hope you feel the same.



And for a little bit of a throw back, An Affair to Remember.  Or as we know, the more modern Sleepless in Seattle.  Cary Grant invented the romantic comedy hype with the Empire State Building scene, making it what it is today.  And for that, this film makes number 4.      


And finally, we get to the number 5 spot.  I felt that since we've been looking back so much, it's time we look to the future.  New Year's Eve, which is to come out in the new year - December 9, 2011- follows the lives of various couples that all eventually intertwine with one another much like Valentine's Day.  It's another movie filled with actors of our generation.  Nothing is certain yet, but there is rumored to be Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert De Niro, and Zac Efron for starters.  Should be interesting.
 
Well, there you have it.  I apologize to all the guys reading this, I know I gave you a lot of chick flicks, but it was the best I could do where it related to the holidays and the new year.  But don't worry, there is lots more to come!  Happy New Year!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment