Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ted


Honestly, this is where Mark Wahlberg belongs.  Forget The Fighter, I think he's found his calling! (I'm not being sarcastic for once)

Ted is about a young boy named John Bennett who makes a wish that his teddy bear will come to life and become his best friend.  Strangely enough, the wish comes true and Ted is born.  They grow up together, but along the way, things get more difficult when John's relationship with his girlfriend reaches a new level.  Suddenly, John has to leave his childhood behind, and in turn Teddy, in order to enter his adult life.  This film stars Mark Wahlberg, Seth MacFarlane, and Mila Kunis. 

The celebrity guest appearances were extremely entertaining in this film.  Ryan Reynolds, Norah Jones, Tom Skerritt, Patrick Stewart as the narrator.  There were many more, but let's leave it at that for now. 

I think this film was hilarious with its jokes, in true Seth MacFarlane fashion.  Sometimes stupid, sometimes flat out ridiculous, while always attacking popular culture along the way.  It was almost like stand up comedy, but with a teddy bear making the jokes.  I give a thumbs up to Wahlberg for his ability to physically fight a teddy bear and make it look real.  Great job guys!

My favourite scene I have to say is the when Kunis has to pick up a turd from her carpet.  Mark Wahlberg's expression is priceless!

See this film!  Trust me, it's worth the two hours watching a teddy bear on screen.  I give this film 7.7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment