Thursday, July 5, 2012

Brave


Now this is animation I can get behind!

Brave is about a young Scottish princess named Merida who wishes to choose her own path in life, and not have her mother choose it for her.  By breaking Scottish tradition, Merida defies her mother and creates chaos among the kingdom.  When she puts her trust in a witch to change her fate, she learns the consequences of her rash decision.  She needs to be brave in order to set things right.  This film stars the vocal styling of Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, and Craig Ferguson. 

The scenery in this film is beautiful, so much so, that I want to go to Scotland to see it for myself.  The music was also really well done, and added a nice touch to the Scottish influence.  They kept true to the culture and tradition of Scotland, which I think was really important.  As for the plot, it was refreshing, in a traditional sort of way.  It was the type of film where there was a lesson to learn, but it was also easy to relate to.  It appealed to most audiences I believe, but perhaps, alienated some male movie goers.  I admit, it was more of a mother/daughter sort of film.  Regardless, for children, I think this an inspirational film that will stay with them. 

It had its funny moments too.  I especially enjoyed the younger boys, her siblings.  This is a film that children will love for years, I just know it.  I give this film 8.7/10 for being perfect just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment