Sunday, September 30, 2012

Looper


I'm sorry, but can we please point out the sexiness of the picture above... pretty please?

Looper follows a futuristic plot where the mob has a new way to dispose of unwanted men and their dead bodies.  The mob from the future sends tied up people back in time, where an assassin shoots them dead upon arrival.  You might think that seems a little complicated, and it could be my crummy way of explaining things, but the film was actually easy to follow.  Things get a little more complicated when one of the men sent back to the past, just happens to be the older version of the assassin hired to kill him.  Does he have the strength to kill his older self?? Well, it wouldn't be much of a movie if he did.  As for the rest, I'll leave the plot for you to figure out... it's much more fun that way.  This film stars the adorable and talented Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the bad-ass killing machine Bruce Willis, the pleasantly surprising Emily Blunt, and the classic Jeff Daniels.

Okay, time to get into it.  I just have to say... OMG!!!!  Yes, I said it!  I loved this film.  It was unique and original, action packed, full of talented actors, and it had a deep meaning behind it - one that they actually took the time to spell out for you in case you happen to be that thick.  I haven't seen anything this original since Inception, and even though this film involves time travel, I ironically found it easier to follow.  For them to accomplish that, I have to tip my hat off to them.  It is not as easy as they made it look.  It took no effort on my part to fall into the story and truly escape into the plot without any reservations.

....oh, and yes... it does help when Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in it... (I still think he and Seth Rogen should have gotten an award for 50/50- just my opinion)  And for all of the Bruce Willis fans, he doesn't disappoint.  He brings the violence and action to a whole different bad-ass level, but I have to admit, it was nice seeing him in something with a little more depth to it - it has been a while.

I really don't want to give away anything more for this film, so just go and see for yourself!  It mixes sci-fie, drama, action and thriller to create this wonderful and unique box office hit.  Don't miss out!  I give this film 8.9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment